While we’re nearing the end of round one here at the Cybils, and the holiday season is in full swing, things are also getting started for (the ninth annual!) KidlitCon 2015 in Baltimore, MD. No dates are set – it will be sometime in the fall – but we did want to give publishers a heads-up of the opportunities to participate, including:
- Sponsorships. Underwrite a meal, happy hour, snacks, door prizes, or the printed program. If you can set aside as little as $250, we’ll work with you to craft a solid sponsorship plan that will benefit attendees as well as provide good publicity value for you.
- Suggest a keynote speaker, other speaker or session proposal.
- As a small volunteer organization, we cannot pay travel expenses for speakers, so you might consider assisting any authors interested in attending with travel expenses. It would also be a great opportunity for you to encourage your authors who are within driving distance of Baltimore.
- Provide ARCs for attendees.
- Provide promotional swag, such as screen-printed T-shirts and bags linked with specific book campaigns, bookplates and bookmarks, stationery, etc.
You can head over to Kidlitosphere Central for more information, and we will have more news about KidlitCon as it becomes available. Until then, back to your regularly scheduled Cybils programming.