We wouldn’t be a real award if we didn’t have a whole bunch of complicated rules in tortured lawyerese. So maybe we’re not a real award, because there aren’t any lawyers and only four rules:
- You (and you can be anybody, even you) may nominate any book published in the contest year in English. This includes bilingual books;
- The book must be published in the US or Canada. It’s just more aggravation and expense than we can stand to wheedle free copies from foreign publishers;
- Only one book nomination per category. Get your friends and co-workers in on the act if you can’t make up your mind;
- Nominations open Oct. 1 and close Oct. 15.
- Please also see our frequently asked questions for more eligibility information.