Our 2013 shortlists are fabulous. But, as is the case every year, some of our Round 1 panelists mourn the ones that got away. These are the titles that they loved, but that for one reason or another didn't make it onto the shortlists. So, if the finalists don't offer a sufficient number of reading suggestions for you, try these posts:
- Cybils: The Finalists (plus some personal honorable mentions) at In Bed With Books
- … And just a few more at Supratentorial
- CYBILS and the books I loved at The Book Monsters
- CYBILS MIGHTA BEENS at Carol's Corner
- CYBILS: Too Close to Call at NoHigh5 News
- (Added) My Top 5 YA Nonfiction Picks at Si, Se Puede–Yes, you can
If we missed your post, please add it in the comments. We'll do another post like this next week, as further links arise.
Also, we wanted to share this endeavor by Stephanie at Love,Life,Read. Stephanie, one of our Round 1 panelists, has listed all 77 Cybils finalists, and highlighted the ones that she has read. Her goal is to read all of the finalists in the coming year. She would love for you to join her!
What do you think about the Cybils shortlists? What titles did our panelists give the nod to that made you jump up and down? For what titles were you devastated, when they didn't make the cut? Share them in the comments, or share them on your own blog and share the link with us. The Cybils, after all, are a book award from bloggers. We are people who love books, and love to talk about them. Just like you.