Today is the last day in September, and you know what this means, right? Only 31 more days until Halloween!
Also, just 24 more hours until you can nominate books for the Cybils Awards. Rules are so ridiculously simple, even I can follow them. And I made them up! I’m some sort of genius, I guess:
- Anybody can nominate a book. Anybody, however, doesn’t include your dog, infant, or someone else with a fake email account. Geez.
- You may nominate one book per category. Note that stuff like MG Fiction and YA Fiction are separate categories, so that’s good.
- If you have more than one book you’d like to nominate, enlist a friend or co-worker to help you out.
Not your dog. Not your infant. Make some friends, okay? Seriously. You wouldn’t believe what people try to pull. Not you, of course. You’re awesome.
- Nominated books must’ve been published in the US or Canada between Oct. 16, 2013 and October 15, 2014. Amazon is a great source for this info, and we won’t tell anyone at Hachette we saw you there.
- Other rules are here at this little linkety link. They mostly concern eligibility. Bottom line: if we can’t get our grubby paws on it, fuggedabowdit. Book sleuths, we’re not.
Here is the link to our nomination form. It’ll fire up at midnight on Oct. 1.
Thanks for joining us!
-Anne Boles Levy, Cybils Overlord